Airway Care: Tracheostomy Care, Tube Change, and Artificial Airway Cuff Management
The patient with a tracheostomy tube has many care needs. Most important is the maintenance of airway patency. Other needs are preventing infection of either the airway or the stoma, providing some form of effective communication, and providing emotional support. This program will focus on the essentials of direct airway care.
After completing this course the learner should be able to:
- Describe the functions of a trachostomy tube.
- Explain the procedure for cleaning & changing the inner cannula.
- Describe care for the stoma.
- Describe the procedure for changing a tracheostomy tube.
- Identify complications associated with over-inflation of a soft cuff.
Includes program and 20 CE workbooks. Additional workbooks are $1.50 each with minimum purchase of 20.