To educate all staff on the mandatory infection prevention issues in a clear, easy-to-understand format
According to the CDC, education and training on the basic principles for preventing the spread of infection should be provided to all staff upon orientation, and repeated annually. The ultimate training tool for general orientation, this concise program highlights all the infection prevention mandatories in just 17 minutes!!
- Common Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs)
- How pathogens are spread
- Bloodborne pathogens and sharps safety as required by OSHA
- Standard Precautions, including: hand hygiene; PPE; cleaning and disinfecting instruments, devices and environmental surfaces; precautions for body substances and sharps; cough etiquette/respiratory hygiene; and safe injection practices
- Transmission-based precautions for the outpatient setting
- Surveillance of patients infected or colonized with infectious organisms