All staff must become aware of the causes of infection, how pathogens are spread, and the consequences of infection to patients, as well as infection prevention strategies. This concise, 17-minute program highlights all the mandatories, and encourages staff to develop habits that keep infection prevention top-of-mind.
- Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs)
- Multiple-Drug Resistant Organisms (MDROs)
- The Chain of Infection (how infections are acquired and pathogens spread)
- Standard Precautions, as outlined by the CDC including: Hand Hygiene, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection, Cleaning and Disinfection of Patient Care Devices and Equipment, Cough Etiquette/Respiratory Hygiene
- Bloodborne Pathogens and Safe Injection Practices as required by OSHA
- Transmission-based Precautions, as outlined by the CDC including: Airborne Precautions and Tuberculosis, Droplet Precautions, Contact Precautions, and the Protective Environment
- Influenza and Hepatitis B Vaccination