Lippincott's Nursing Health Assessment Video Series
A new, nursing specific Health Assesment video series consisting of six volumes. Volume 1 presents the basics of nursing health assessment and techniques of interviewing, performing the physical assessment, and collecting data. Volume 2 covers foundational assessments. Volumes 3, 4, 5, and 6 systematically address assessment of all the body systems. This video series can be used in conjunction with any nursing health assessment text. The content is appropriate for undergraduate nursing students.
- Organized to teach students the basics of every health examination - interviewing, documentation, commonly used equipment, and holistic health history including mental status, nutrition, vital signs, pain, and domestic violence.
- Consistent focus onholisticnursing assessment
- Clearly differentiateshealthassessment from traditional physical examination
- Differentiates comprehensive from focused examinations
- Cultural diversity is clearly protrayed in examiners, patients, settings and examples
- Integrates Lifespan issues where appropriate throughout
- Body systems grouped regionally for logical flow.
- Clearly differentiates common examination techniques from higher-level examinations
- Focused Assessment Case Examples engage students and make coverage relevant.
- Represents a range of settings - hospital, office examination room, and even community based settings.
- Six full hours of video
Topic 1: Basics of Nursing Health Assessment
Topic 2: Techniques of Interviewing
Topic 3: Health History Taking
Topic 4: Physical Examination
Topic 5: Validating, Documenting, and Analyzing Data
VOLUME 2: FOUNDATIONAL ASSESSMENTS FOR ALL PATIENTS
Topic 1: Mental Status and General Survey
Topic 2: Vital Signs and Pain
Topic 3: Domestic Violence
Topic 4: Nutrition
VOLUME 3: REGIONAL EXAMINATIONS: Skin and HEENT
Topic 1: Skin, Hair, and Nails
Topic 2: Head and Neck
Topic 3: Eyes
Topic 4: Ears, Nose, Mouth, and Throat
VOLUME 4: REGIONAL EXAMINATIONS: RESPIRATORY, CARDIAC, AND GI
Topic 1: Thorax and Lungs
Topic 2: Neck Vessels and Heart
Topic 3: Peripheral Vascular and Lymphatic Systems
Topic 4: Abdomen
VOLUME 5: REGIONAL EXAMINATIONS: REPRODUCTIVE
Topic 1: Breasts and Regional Lymphatics and Female Genitalia
Topic 2: Male Genitalia, Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
Topic 3: Advanced Assessment of the Female Genitalia (from Bates Visual Guide to Physical Assessment)
Topic 4: Advanced Assessment of the Anus, Rectum, and Prostate (from Bates Visual Guide to Physical Assessment)
VOLUME 6: REGIONAL EXAMINATIONS: MUSCULOSKELETAL AND NEUROLOGICAL
Topic 1: Musculoskeletal System
Topic 2: Neurological System