Medication Administration and Errors SERIES: The Eight Rights
This program and its full series in now available through the Nursing Center App in the Google Play Store and Apple Store. Learn more here!
1. List the components of a medication order.
2. Explain the process for taking a telephone order for medication.
3. State how orders are transcribed from the order sheet to the patients Medication Administration Record (MAR).
4. Describe in detail each of the Eight Rights of Medication Administration.
5. Outline The Joint Commission Patient Safety Goals that are concerned with medication administration.
6. Find appropriate medication administration references and resources.
7. Identify situations in which medication errors may occur and methods to prevent them.