Skin inspection, ulcer identification, and prevention strategies with interaction between nurse and patient using Braden Scale for predicting pressure ulcer risk.
Level 1 Learning Objectives:
- Identify pressure ulcer risk factors utilizing a pressure ulcer risk assessment tool (Braden Scale for Predicting Pressure Sore Risk)
- Identify early signs of pressure ulcer development:
- Differentiate between the following types of pressure related skin damage
- Dark discoloration
- Serious Clear Blister
- Blood Blister
- Pressure related Open Wound
- Rash, and others
- Demonstrate interventions to minimize or eliminate the effects of Impaired Sensory Perception, Mobility, Activity, Moisture, Medical Devices and more
- Provide patient and family education related to following pressure ulcer prevention topics:
- Risk Factors
- Skin Inspection Findings
- Rational for Recommended
- Interventions to Reduce or Eliminate Pressure Ulcer Risk Factors
This module is designed for the nursing school curriculum and for workforce on-boarding to assess and validate skills and in a virtual patient environment. Modules have been evaluated by nursing staff in hospitals and long-term facilities for content relevance, usability, learner-engagement, and effectiveness.
0-50 users: 799.00 per year
51-100 users: 899.00 per year
101-150 users: $999.00 per year
151-200 users: $1,099 per user
Over 200 please call
Please call for Canadian pricing
For a free demo or to order, get in touch with us at 1(800) 757-4868 or main line (416) 538-9898!