The content of this video is in accordance with the latest AORN "Recommended Practices for Prevention of Transmissible Infections in the Perioperative Practice Setting" and the evidence-based guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Upon completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the role of infection transmission in the development of health care-associated infections (HAIs).
- Explain basic HAI prevention techniques.
- Understand the methods used to determine immunity as a result of immunization for preventing vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Discuss the types of precautions used in the health care setting to minimize the risk of infection transmission.
- Describe the role of evidence-based practices in HAI prevention and reducing exposure risks for the perioperative nurse.