The Chemically Dependent Nurse SERIES: Identification and Response
1995, Updated 2011
1. List changes in behavior that may indicate a substance abuse problem.
2. Discuss the obligation of an instructor or coworker who recognizes that a student or colleague is chemically dependent. 3. Describe methods that may be used by an impaired nurse to acquire drugs in the workplace.
4. Name the four primary boundaries of the workplace.
5. Define "drug diversion.
6. Explain how enabling hurts the addicted nurse and the function of the nursing team.
7. Describe an effective intervention with an addicted employee.
The Chemically Dependent Nurse SERIES