The HIPAA Rule: Healthcare Privacy, Security, and Enforcement
As healthcare continues to adopt technology to coordinate patient care, the need to protect electronic health information is becoming increasingly important. The challenge is keeping staff educated and up-to-date with ongoing changes.
- Main Points of HIPAA Privacy & Security Rule, including modifications made by the HITECH Breach Notification Rule
- Covered Entities (who must comply)
- Legalities and everyday application in healthcare
- Protected Health Information (PHI) who can and cannot access, including the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- De-identified Health Information
- Strategies for compliance
- Discuss the many patient rights under HIPAA, including denying information to family and friends as well as authorization and restrictions on how PHI is shared
Packed with practical examples, hands on tips and helpful insights this program highlights the HIPAA Privacy, Security and Enforcement rules, including the HITECH Breach Notification Rule.