The Nursing Assistant SERIES: Transfer and Ambulation
Overview:Care providers must often assist persons with impaired mobility to walk, move to wheelchairs, toilets and beds. But to protect yourself and those you are providing care to, the nursing assistant must master the skills needed for transfer and ambulation.
MedcomsNursing Assistantprogram on transfer and ambulation has been completely revised and updated, yet continues to provide clear descriptions and demonstrations of common and important transfer techniques.
- Pivot transfer from bed to wheelchair and back
- Pivot transfer from wheelchair to toilet and back
- Two-person lift from bed to wheelchair
- Transfer using a mechanical lift
- Assisting with ambulation
- Preventing injury during a fall